Rajasthan EWS Certificate State / Central Online Apply Process in 2020
What EWS Certificate Means: EWS stands for Economically Weaker Section. In India, EWS is a subcategory of people who belong to General Category and have an annual income less than Rs. 8 lakhs and do not belong to any other reserved category such as SC, ST, OBC.
A candidate whose family’s income is more than the prescribed limit 8 lakhs, will be considered as a candidate from the General category, but not from the EWS category.
The definition of EWS has been given by the Govt. of India, and it is different from Economically Backward Class (EBC). The definition of EBC and Most Economically Backward Class (MEBC) vary in different states and institutions.
The Central Government has recently introduced 10% reservation quota for the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) of General Category candidates for Reservation.
Benefits of EWS certificate :-
The EWS certificate will provide 10% reservation to the economically weaker sections of the general category in central and state government jobs and educational institutions.
Eligibility For EWS Certificate :-
- Applicant must be a resident of the state
- Citizen of India
- If required to produce an income certificate for any purpose is eligible.
Also Check Suggested Post :
[su_posts template=”templates/teaser-loop.php” posts_per_page=”5″ tax_term=”64″ order=”desc”]
Required Documents for EWS Certificate :-
- Offline Application form.
- Identity proof
- Self-declaration from the applicant.
- Residential Proof: Residential Certificate issued by Local administration office/ Aadhar card/ Passport / Driving License / Ration Card / Govt. Id card / Defence ID Card / PAN Card.
- Age proof (birth certificate / school certificate)
- Income Proof : Salary certificate, Income proof from competent authority, income tax return acknowledgement.
- Passport size photograph.
- 2 different Gazette Officers certification (as per requirement)
- Education records duly signed
- Copy of Aadhaar card
- Land revenue receipt (in case of farmer if available).
- Affix stamp as advised by authorities if required.
Who is included in the definition of family for eligibility for EWS: –
- Family means that the applicant is included in the definition of himself and his parents, the applicant’s wife or husband, younger than 18 years, siblings, younger than 18 years, son and daughter.
- Applicant Income from all sources of agriculture, employment, business, etc. will be added to the calculation of income. Also, whether the property is in different places, all will be clubbed together.
- Only all the above qualifications are required to produce a certificate. None other than these. Government employees can also get an certificate if they fulfill the above conditions.
- EWS certificate Validity Only for 1 financial year.
- The competent officer to issue EWS certificate in Rajasthan is SDO (Sub Divisional Officer).
- Income Certificate : Those who do not have Income Tax Return / Form 16 / Salary/Pay-Sleep, they should enclose the income certificate issued by two different states, Central Officer / Employee in the prescribed certificate.
The EWS certificate of the married woman will be made from the place of origin of her parents. (In which, for calculation of income and property, she has to add the income and property of her husband and children below 18 years to the income and property of her parents and siblings under the age of 18 years.)